WALKING DEAD MANSION

House History

In 1972 A young girl named Emily Thompson lived in this house. She was an odd girl who didn't  have any friends. She kept mostly to herself. Everyone said she seemed so empty and cold, her deep dark eyes seemed to stare right through you. It was as though she had a secret that she would never share.

       One night in late October she was alone in her room. Her parents and sister had gone to bed. She could hear the whispers coming from the closet. She had heard them many times since her family had moved into the house. "They won't be mad" , The voices urged. Emily picked up the book of matches and began lighting and dropping them. The voices from the closet continued to whisper. Suddenly the bed burst into flames. Emily ran to the door to escape, but it was locked. The fire quickly consumed the entire house. Screams of terror could be heard throughout the neighborhood. Windows shattered and smoke billowed from the front door. Emily and her parents were consumed by the fire.

     The house has been renovated but despite the owners best efforts he could not get anyone to stay. Many have come and gone not lasting more than a few nights. The residents claim that they could hear the screams of the dead family and the whispers coming from the closet. Others say that the smell of smoke lingers in the house. Neighbors say that on bright moonlit nights you can see Emily's face peering from the second story windows.

            Many years have passed and the house still sits empty, It is dark and the smell of mold and decay is heavy. The remaining windows are cracked and the porch is unstable. Everything is covered in a thick blanket of dust. No one has entered this house in years. The family has made sure of that, but now they want their long awaited revenge. They know the truth.... Emily is not what she seems. Emily doesn't want to play, Emily wants to kill.. Will you survive Walking Dead Mansion or become the newest resident?

Columbus Gazzette

    

Child Plays With Matches, Burns Down Home, Kills Entire Family    

Columbus Gazzette Saturday  October 26,         1972                         

 

 A six-year-old girl accidently started a fire that burned down the family home killing both parents and her younger sister while playing with matches. The fire began in an upstairs bedroom. The flames quickly spread through the entire house, killing the family and destroying the property.

     The fire was reported just after midnight. Franklin County fire brigade spokesman Frank Morales said it quickly consumed the house .He told The Columbus Gazzete. ‘By the time we arrived it was completly gulfed in flames, there was nothing we could do.'

      Neighbour Richard Roche, who lives two doors from the family, said he heard screams and ran outside to see the house on fire. ‘I saw flames right away, 10 or 15 feet in the air,’ he said. ‘I ran over to see if everyone was out of the house. I could here the screams for help coming from the burning windows. The whole front and porch was on fire.'     

      Next-door neighbour Trisha Reno said: ‘When I came out, the house was already engulfed. It was already gone.‘I woke up because my dogs were freaking out. I've never gone through anything like this. To have a family die in such a way, it's really sad.’

 

Family Claims House Is Haunted                                                                                 

Columbus Gazzette Saturday April 13, 1976                                                                            

 Lisa Smith claims that her and her daughters have been living in fear following their move to 625 E Jenkins Ave. The house has been renovated recently after a fire killed a family of four a couple of years ago. Ash trays have been flung across the room. They came home once to find their dog lying motionless at the bottom of the stairs. The vet said it was as if their dog, who later died, had been thrown down the stairs. Chairs slide across floors and cupboard doors open and shut by themselves. Shadows move throughout the house and the smell of smoke becomes overwelming at times. The family hopes to relocate in the coming weeks.